الجمعة، 9 فبراير 2018

Why Did The Cockroach Cross The Road

As I sit by the pool in radiant Nashville, my mind meanders back to Philadelphia. Today my sister-in-law and sibling are pressing up their home in downtown Philadelphia and moving to Phoenix. I've been messaging with her throughout the morning, persuading her it's the proper activity, it's another experience, and she ought to be energized. In a final desperate attempt to divert her from the move, I reveal to her something that transpired when I was in Philadelphia a week ago.

We were driving home from supper one night after the show when we ceased at a red light. The sign on the walkway flickered the white individual meaning that was sheltered to cross and out of the edge of my eye I saw something moving in the crosswalk. Loot was talking, yet I wasn't generally tuning in; I was focusing on this thing crossing the road. I watched a man on the corner toss a folded paper at it and it just rushed along, attempting it's best to make it over the road before the light turned green. I moved down my window and adhered my take off to show signs of improvement look.. It was a cockroach the extent of a little tyke crossing in the crosswalk, much the same as he realized what he was doing, similar to he have a place there and was simply following the guidelines. It was the greatest cockroach I had ever found in all my years and I in a split second felt like our auto was shrouded in them. I even swore I heard crunching under our tires when the light turned green and we drove over the crosswalk.

Like each city we work in, Rob and I make the inquiry, "Might we be able to live here?" We were really having that very discussion when I saw the virtuous cockroach crossing the road. My answer was promptly NO! It was no for various reasons, yet the main reason was I would not like to live in a city where cockroaches knew and complied with the laws of Sesame Street and crossed at the light.

As we were driving home to Nashville, we ceased for the day in New York. I had never been a fanatic of New York City. It suggested me, I never felt like I had a place, and dependably learned about seriously of place, yet this time was unique; I cherished it. After Rob's gathering we were in an auto going to get some supper and I said to him, "I figure I could move here." He was charmed, in light of the fact that he had been stating a similar thing for a considerable length of time. When we were having supper, we were looking into lofts in the city and I was coming up with a story to tell the children. That is the point at which my sister-in-law revealed to me an anecdote about her companion who moved to New York City. She was on her overnight boardinghouse rodent the measure of a feline dropped out of the roof and arrived on her. There went my want to need to live in New York City.

The following day we returned home to Nashville and keeping in mind that it was stunning to sit without anyone else sofa, drinking espresso out of my most loved mug, having quite recently woken up from dozing in my own bed, Nashville appeared to be little, nearly nation like, however it additionally felt like home. It felt cockroach and rodent free and keeping in mind that I'm sure the two sorts of vermin live in Nashville, they have the Southern appeal about them and remain well escaped see.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق